Keep it simple, silly

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The day my friend Johno accidentally set fire to his property and almost got killed in a car accident he had been thinking that life just couldn’t get any better. I am reminded of this often, because it’s a thought that’s been occurring to me a lot lately. And every time I think of it I find myself waiting for the crash – not with fear and dread, but with an expectancy of adventure.

Down to my last travellers cheque and with the available credit quickly dwindling on my credit card, the crash could be nigh. How exciting! In the middle of Mexico with nothing but a backpack, a modicum of Spanish and whatever talents I can muster. This is a challenge I have been anticipating for a long time, and it is beginning to appear real.

What’s the worst that could happen? I don’t see anyone starving here and have received so much support to date that I have no reason to expect it to dissipate. Do I? Is the world going to change completely on me without money? And will I really be without it? There are people who have offered it to me, so all I need to is accept.

It’s exciting because it’s proof that I have nothing to fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home