Keep it simple, silly

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nothing to fear

I gladly make the ‘sacrifice’ of fear. (ACIM Lesson 323) Gladly. I’m trying. Truly.

Being light was easy. Going home is hard. Home is the one with the stories. Home is laden with fear. There are no ‘what ifs’ with light. With home, there are so many.

The biggest one for me is: what if this is what it’s always going to look like? What if it’s all chaos from here? What if the floor never gets tidy? What if everything breaks down? What if I can never afford more than this? What if I’m only ever walking around with last week’s paycheck? What if? Well? What if? Looking from here, I can see that hey, what if? It just doesn’t matter. First show me a problem, and then we can give your fears some credence. So far I haven’t seen a problem. You’re surviving perfectly well as is. What more do you need? Why would it need to change? And there is no answer for this. None. I could live like this for the rest of my life, so there is nothing to fear. I may not choose to. Other options may be given me, and they may take me in other directions, and all I need do is watch and see.

There is nothing to fear. There is no ‘sacrifice’ to make. Just give it up, let go and watch. It’s bound to be very entertaining. Certainly has been so far. You’re not in the entertainment business for nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home