Keep it simple, silly

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Conflict resolution

There is no conflict, for my will is Yours. (ACIM Lesson 331) There simply can’t be. This is what Katie’s talking about: loving what is. With only the three types of business – mine, yours and God’s – and with the realization that I have no business of my own, comes the understanding that there is only one type of business: and that is what is. How can there be any conflict when what is is what I want?

It is so simple, so straightforward, and yet so easy to forget. The moment I get caught up in ‘my’ business, the moment I think I know what I want or need; the moment I ‘know’, it all gets forgotten in the blink of an eye. And, of course, the consequences are even more extreme when I think I know what someone else needs or how the world should be different.

All I need do in these moments – identified easily by the discomfort they produce – is remember that I must have decided wrongly, that I tried to make a decision by myself. All I need do is remember to breathe, and in that breath, remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home