Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I love this

I love this. I love this! The leafless trees, limbs in all their glory; cool, crisp air penetrating everywhere it can; warmth of the fire and its invitation to be by it; that rusting red barn roof, the ramshackle barn; the tree stump, which once held something far greater than the posture it has now, grand as it is; Y singing in the bath; L’s monologue from the living room; E tending to breakfast, or whatever it is else she is doing; the car pulling up in our driveway - all of it.

I love stepping out of the way, I love understanding this isn’t my decision. I love not being responsible. It is a great responsibility, after all – to hand it all over and watch. It can seem such a difficult thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home