Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mindlessness

Have you ever been queasy? Ever seen something that made you grow faint and dizzy, your skin go all cold and clammy? Now think about this: all you did was see something. And from that your thinking told you a story about what you saw and ZAP! you're in faintland. How powerful the mind can be. And if the mind can do this in a moment – completely alter your experience – imagine what it can do over a lifetime. It is the cause of sickness, the cause of pain, of suffering. It is the cause of our very existence. Imagine being on top of it all; imagine no longer being controlled by something that would have you suffer. Who would you be without the mind?

This is worth pondering. Who would I be without the mind? I guess I would just be watching all this. I would see this body move, I would observe it interacting, and nothing would be personal. It would not be my body, it would just be a piece in the puzzle. Who would I be without the mind? How would I treat people without it? Kindly, I imagine. With love. I would see that they are just believing their thoughts – when they do – and therefore believing they actually are those bodies, when to me they’re all just part of the puzzle. When they’re all together as one they fit to make a perfect picture as one. Without the mind I could look at anybody and see myself reflected. Without the mind I would be free from believing anything mattered. Without the mind I would be unlimited, infinite, eternal.

Ooh, I like the thought of mindlessness! And there is the mind again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home