Keep it simple, silly

Monday, March 20, 2006

Mysterious puzzle

There is a puzzle on the floor and a mystery at my door. The unknown all around me and I would choose to stick to what I think I know. Why? There is never a dull moment in the midst of the unknown: everything is surprising, amazing – for mysteries are necessarily adventures. The ‘I know’ mind would have me limit myself to knowing it all and wallowing in the frustration of understanding nothing; the ‘I know’ mind would have me suffer; live my life in purgatory. That is not a life; that is a life sentence. Not so long ago I knew next to nothing and it was so liberating. Today I aim to walk out the door and into the mystery: watch it unfold before me, draw me in and play with me. Today I aim to choose to make no decisions by myself. This day does not belong to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home