Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Picture of innocence

Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined. (ACIM Lesson 336) I see through it that everything I hold them responsible for is something I see in myself. Forgiveness is the turnaround. Forgiveness shows me what I see in someone else was only ever a projection of what I see in myself. Forgiveness sets me free.

And I am forgiven. None of it was true. There was nothing ever to forgive. Can I hold a thought responsible? Can I blame something as involuntary as that? All I ever did was believe some thoughts that I later thought I shouldn’t have – or someone else thought I shouldn’t have – and the belief of a thought is innocence personified. How much more innocent could one be than to believe something unquestioningly like that? Thought comes; I believe it: picture of innocence. I never knew my way; never knew what I was meant to be doing with my life, and that is because nobody ever does; they are just believing their thoughts too. Now I am beginning to understand that I don’t know what anything is for; I don’t know what anything means; and through this my innocence shines as a beacon. I see clearly now that I never knew what I was doing because there was never anything to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home