Keep it simple, silly

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Rest in peace

I love today’s lesson! I let forgiveness rest upon all things, for thus forgiveness will be given me. (ACIM Lesson 342) I’ve just been sitting and letting forgiveness rest upon all the people and things I have ever condemned in some way: my entire family, all my friends, loved ones everywhere, strangers on the street, politicians, business people, the world, the universe, God, my teachers, colleagues; all of it, just letting the forgiveness flow. And with it, an incredible release that brought tears to my eyes and a newfound energy. For everything that comes to my mind, my thoughts first turn to, ‘You are forgiven,’ and often whatever I had started thinking just disappears, dissolves before me.

And then I came downstairs to light the fire and the cat had done ones and twos amongst the woodpile by the woodstove. This is after accidentally leaving her in all day yesterday, returning to expect to find that had happened, rejoicing to see it hadn’t, and letting her out to do her thing. It seems sometime between then and now she finally decided to go. I just received one free gift of a forgiveness lesson. The ‘damn cat’ reaction catalysed instantaneously: I started to look for the cat so I could rub her nose in it and then throw her out of the house unceremoniously. And then I remembered: I let forgiveness rest upon all things, for thus forgiveness will be given me. The cool-down took longer than the ignition – as could be expected – and now all that’s left is a faint laughter: at my response and the cat’s thought processes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home