Keep it simple, silly

Monday, April 17, 2006

Engaged

So it looks very much like E and I are engaged. We have matching rings on our left-hand ring fingers and I asked her to marry me in front of her family: mother, father, godmother and her partner, children and their father. Thankfully she said yes!

It’s been a fascinating seven-and-a-half months since we met and fell in love. I have experienced such a range of feeling that if nothing else ever came out of our relationship, I would be grateful for that alone. But of course there has been so much more. We have been learning so much together: fearlessness, sinlessness, compassion, kindness, love – interchangeable words that combine as connection for the two of us.

And together we are learning the art of abundance; we are discovering that abundance begins with the recognition that it has always been bestowed upon us, by sensing the support that surrounds us. The mindset of poverty breeds more poverty, and we are coming to a place where that is foreign to us. We’re not there yet, but opening doors are beckoning.

And through many opportunities for mutual forgiveness we are finding the place where love prevails, and all I can tell you is that it’s a beautiful place. Home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double Wow! Congratulations! And .. the concept of "learning the art of abundance" is one that it has taken me a lot of years to begin to grasp - but, the concept is valid - and tangible!
(Another) Great post!

2:02 am, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Jamie Reygle said...

Thank you for your kindness, Linda.

2:42 am, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Jade said...

Absolutely fantastic! Such a beautiful relationship from what I can see...congratulations to you both!

10:00 pm, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Suze said...

There you are..I've been missing your thoughts. A big congratulations to you both. I hope with all me heart everything for you. I wish you enough..

10:55 pm, April 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home