Keep it simple, silly

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Life as meditation

I think I would like for life to become my meditation, to be present at every opportunity. I think I would like ‘not me’ to represent me always. I would like to dissolve into space, like dust, and let that space represent me instead. Ah, that feels peaceful; so steady and simple.

The butterfly fluttering by has no need for anything other than what this moment provides, nor does the rosebush budding beside me, or that bumblebee buzzing indiscriminately, or the bird perched upon the fence. Presence is all they have. Presence is all.

These are my teachers: birds, bees, butterflies and bushes, blades of grass and the wind that whooshes. If I open my eyes, that’s all I see: myriad teachers explaining to me how it works, how it is, how I am in all this. Learning is looking, that is all: paying attention to the details so small. When I think for myself I am lost, so confused; when I see just one self, I cannot be refused.

And two butterflies intertwine in a dance we call life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home