Keep it simple, silly

Friday, April 28, 2006

No mistake

God's answer is some form of peace. All pain is healed; all misery replaced with joy. All prison doors are opened. And all sin is understood as merely a mistake. (ACIM Lesson 359) Guiltless. We all make mistakes – that is why we’re here: to make mistakes. To see them rectified, to learn from them. Merely mistakes. It is only when I see the mistake as sin that I suffer. When I see the mistake as natural – my inheritance – it becomes no more than a learning opportunity.

And the concept of sin itself is merely a mistake. Those who choose to believe in it are not wrong, but merely mistaken. The miracle is correction, so love and forgiveness – compassion – is the answer to any perceived sin. It is not my job to tell someone they are wrong – not even to judge them so – it is only my job to let miracles move through me, to give them a space to flow. My job is to get out of the way.

For God’s answer is some form of peace. Listening for it, heeding it, is the path of peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes ...
        ... yes ...
    Yes.
           it is!
:D

5:03 pm, April 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mm, must be the Course in Miracles here.

It does seem as though I make a mistake. (And even that 'mistake' is simply peace/God too.) I keep trying to tell this little personality that it has made a mistake.

Yea, right.

4:03 pm, April 29, 2006

 
Blogger Jamie Reygle said...

You nailed it. Twice!

5:44 pm, April 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home