Keep it simple, silly

Monday, April 03, 2006

Positive negative

I have found a wonderful way to welcome ‘negative’ thoughts and feelings – or it has found me. Each one is met with the thought that that is what I should be feeling or thinking right now: I should be angry right now; I should be thinking I made a mistake; I should be thinking this person is crazy, etc. As soon as I see it from this perspective, my behaviour just becomes amusing – like I have been found out: oh look at him, isn’t he sweet the way he actually believes those things. The ego hates being found out, so when it does it gets all embarrassed and goes into hiding. It really is a sweetie, this ego of mine, though it’d hate to hear it said. It would prefer to be strong and courageous, but it’s not – it’s just an innocent little babe-in-arms, using the body as its cradle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home