Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Affirmation

Birds the only sound until a passing car floats by, pressing on the asphalt, pushing against the air. The silence of the forest: never silent, only peaceful. I could spend my days just listening to this, absorbing myself in it, but what would it achieve? I would find an enemy in a mosquito or in poison ivy or in a particular bird call that I decided was annoying. It is a commonly misunderstood thing: enemies do not come unannounced; they avail themselves to us when we think we need them. While I think I need something to despise, there will be something to despise; while I despise a part of me, I will think I need something to despise.

I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving harmonious and happy. An affirmation – the affirmation – courtesy of Charles F. Haanel. He points out that as a part of the infinite we have no choice but to be this. Trying to be anything else is hard work; the easiest path is simply to be this: whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy. To despise a part of me is to despise a part of this, and what is there to despise in this? Similarly, aiming to be any or all of these things is pointless: why aim to be what you already are? Just know that you are it, he says, and you will see that it is true.

So I am done with enemies, done with limitation. I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. And as I look at you, I see that you are too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home