Keep it simple, silly

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hot seat

Hoo boy! This is what it is to be in the hot seat. I’ve heard it referred to, seen it on television, but can’t say I’ve ever been here before. The body is running on overdrive – hyperalert – an experience I haven’t had in quite a while, and one that I’m more used to having artificially induced. Yes, they were some times.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. My entire picture of my life could be trashed today. Everything I’ve been working towards, everything I’ve worked for, could be taken from me in the space of just a few words. The full gamut of sensation and emotion works on me in a state I could call fear or I could call excitement.

And how could I not be excited? My entire story is under siege. My entire world is potentially disappearing before my eyes and there’s nothing I can do to get in the way. A new day is dawning, and all I can do is watch. At last, I am meeting reality head on; at last, I am seeing that I don’t have a choice. And the experience is sheer excitement, and gratitude that it is this one who gets to live it.

Come on down!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Major scary goosebumps just hijacked my skin...what's going on Jamie? Are you okay?

8:53 pm, May 30, 2006

 
Blogger Jamie Reygle said...

Yes Jade, I'm fine. Just learning a few lessons in discernment, is all. Thanks so much for your concern.

10:06 am, May 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home