Keep it simple, silly

Monday, May 01, 2006

Hurry!

It’s a chilly morning and the covers are friendly and welcoming. I like chilly because it invites cosy. And I like cosy because it is.

E is in a hurry to leave and I can’t find it. I look at the clock and hear that there aren’t many minutes left until we need to go, but the urgency hasn’t hit me yet. Things tend to work out, I suppose. Nothing ever prevented me from being here, now, and that’s not likely to change. There is no place else to be.

This hand just writes and I watch and when it is done I will see what happens then. I notice that when I believe I need to be someplace else that I get stressed, aggravated, and the sense of urgency feels very real. I prefer this. The situation is no different – time wise we are in a rush – it is only that in my mind, in this moment, I am here, not there.

And that could change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just hope you appreciate not having a time you need to be anywhere, and having the space to write every morning. Lucky duck, you are.

1:11 pm, May 02, 2006

 
Blogger Jamie Reygle said...

Like my good friend Johno used to say, "Luck's got nothing to do with it!" And yes, I am extremely fortunate and very grateful for that.

9:45 am, May 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home