Keep it simple, silly

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Peace

Peace be to me, the holy son of God. Peace to my brother, who is one with me. Let all the world be blessed with peace through us. (ACIM Lesson 360) Thank you.

Peace is underrated. Peace is amazing. What I find is that I’m scared of it: when I really begin to enter the space of peace I shy from it, attempting to escape back into the chaos I know so well. So I have seen peace – or something like it – and I have run in the other direction. It is too full an experience for me, too complete. I seem to prefer being unconnected and fragmented. And that can change.

And peace is my inheritance, it is my right. And it is there – I have felt its beautiful warmth enrapture me. Only to stay there is something I am not ready for yet. For the time being, I choose suffering instead. And if this be suffering, then things ain’t too bad. For I am loving this now in this moment when peace is my next-door neighbour, knocking on my door, pleading with me to let it move in. All it takes is for me to open that door and the flood of light will do the rest.

The light is there and it is overwhelming. Resistance is as useless as it is pointless. Why would I resist eternity? Why would I let my little self get in the way when paradise beckons so convincingly? Because I can. Because it doesn’t matter. Because that’s the way it is for now.

And who could argue with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home