Keep it simple, silly

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

She of infinite patience


The aroma of freshly baked bread wafts in and I recall the loaf I prepared last night has now been made. That technology can time a loaf of bread is but one more thing to give my gratitude to.

But most of my gratitude now goes to my teacher, E: she of infinite patience, grace and forgiveness, she the indefatigable, she of evenness of temperament. I searched for you, E, in so many forms. I thought I found you in obsession; I looked for you in dozens of shallow sexual encounters; I tried to join you with drugs; I sought you in my travels; in two long-term relationships I still could not find you. For all the time you were waiting for me here in Floyd: she of infinite patience.

E, I thank you for loving me even when it would be easier for you to run the other way. I thank you for seeing in me things that I struggle to find. Thank you, E. Thank you.

My search ceased with you. May this stop be forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home