Keep it simple, silly

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Turning in His grave

It’s a sunny Sunday, great weather for working on the house. Why do so many calendars have Sunday as the first day of the week? It is strange. My understanding is that there’s some kind of Christian connection to it, and my limited understanding of Christianity informs me that on the seventh day God rested. Isn’t that why they all go to church today? Isn’t this supposed to be the seventh day, not the first?

Christians seem to me to be a confused bunch like that. Over here there is a common bumper sticker that says, “Power of Pride.” I would guess that at least 90% of the people sporting that sticker identify themselves as Christians, and again my limited understanding of the religion tells me that pride is one of the seven deadly sins. Come on guys, there’s only seven.

And this whole notion of ‘holy war,’ of Christians fighting, baffles me. From what I can tell, Christ preached love, peace, forgiveness. I’m not hearing much of any of this from so many people who use His name to justify their actions today. That would be my definition of blasphemy. If the fella wasn’t resurrected, He’d be turning in His grave today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home