Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

All the same to me

The sun has melted the clouds, the girls laugh upstairs, and the clock ticks, reminding me that no two seconds are alike.

And yet, somehow, it is all the same. I remember traveling through California, Arizona and Mexico last year and having that experience: there was some quality that was all the same. I couldn’t place it, it was just my experience that it was somehow all the same.

There is an equanimity about such an experience. I guess it is the very essence of equanimity: for the internal to remain equanimous, the external must be experienced as that.

Or is it the other way around? I am told that thought is cause, experience effect. I am told it is all projection. The external a manifestation of the internal.

There I was experiencing equanimity and I didn’t even know it! I love that. I love that the experience is impossible to name; the truth impossible to say. I love that I have glimpsed something unspeakable.

And I love that I sit here trying to find words to explain it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home