Keep it simple, silly

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Married!


Is this married life: go, go, go, go, go? Yesterday the celebrant signed the papers and now we’re as good as married. Married! It only took me 36 years.

I remember doing The Work a week or so ago on the belief that marriage traps me. One of the turnarounds was that it was liberating, and what came to me then is that it would liberate me from all my limiting beliefs about what marriage would be like. I think it has. It really feels like a weight off, a burden lifted.

It’s still bizarre talking about ‘my wife’ though. Or my stepkids. Fiancée was one thing, and I kind of got used to that, but wife – wife holds a whole lot of meaning for me, it seems, that I am yet to investigate. Well, here’s my chance! If ‘til death do us part sticks, then I guess I’ve got the rest of my life.

Married! How can one word appear to change so much? The adventure begins. Again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Congratulations!! I hope you're having a big party to celebrate your beautiful union...it's very special stuff.

12:50 am, June 25, 2006

 
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Congratulations from me as well. I liked your response to Jade's post so came to your blog via hers. I enjoy your writing.

3:06 am, June 25, 2006

 
Blogger Lee said...

I'm sure it will be interesting to read of your latest forrays into a new adventure! Here's to happy times!

Cheers!

12:35 pm, June 25, 2006

 
Blogger Sahaja Sam said...

Jamie and Elisha and ready-made family.........enjoy everything knowing that everything is perfect ..... but only ALL the time !!!
sending love from San Miguel....your friend, Sahaja

10:56 am, June 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home