Keep it simple, silly

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rest in peace

Sunday – so they say. Domingo, Dimanche. The seventh day. Day of rest. Ha! As soon as I’m done with this, off to work I go: first at the venue and then on the house. Day of rest! What’s that?

To be fair, my days are filled with a lot of respite, but a day filled with rest I am barely capable of. I recall Vipassana – ten days of sitting in silence – being some of the hardest work I’ve ever done. So if I’m working overtime being perfectly still, when do I ever get to rest? When I sleep? Even then, of late I’ve noticed that I’m active even in sleeping. My dreams are busy, and more often than not I awake more exhausted than I was when I went to bed.

The mind is relentless. Without this, this body would stop breathing, stop pumping blood around itself and this form that I call me would cease to exist. Not such a bad thing, maybe; but the point is that mind is never at rest. I can be restful, but never completely rested.

So it follows that it can’t be possible to truly know peace while identifying as this. All I can do is approach it or stop identifying as this. Which would I choose? All I now is what I’ve chosen so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home