Keep it simple, silly

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Spin Cycle

June already! Seven months I’ve been here, ten months since I met E, and here comes summer. Another summer. So many cycles, so many times around and around, like a washing machine. By gee, I hope this is the rinse cycle! I’ve certainly been through the wash.

I threw myself in for I thought I was soiled and needed cleaning, and now I’m starting to see that maybe I didn’t; maybe I was already as clean as could be, maybe only my thoughts coloured the cloth.

But it is ultimately all thought – all mind – so even if I was pristine, still my thoughts kept me from that realization. Like a dung pile covering a wedding dress in a box: the dress remains perfect, but getting to it is dirty business.

But why would I put dung in a washing machine? No amount of washing will stop it from being dung. No amount of cleansing will alter my thoughts. But I am the wedding dress and my thoughts are but the dung.

What I need is a shovel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

While dung may smell too pungent for us humans, it too is perfect and pure in its own way. As a fertilizer, it helps to nurture our crops by the most natural and wholesome means. Maybe purity is in the nose of the beholder. My dog sure likes it. :)

4:48 pm, June 01, 2006

 
Blogger Sahaja Sam said...

When you bend over to smell the flowers, just be aware that there could be a skunk hiding in there somewhere, and be prepared to experience ALL the scents of life

3:06 pm, June 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home