Keep it simple, silly

Monday, June 05, 2006

What do you suggest?

I so rarely know where these posts are going to go. Usually, I don’t even know what they’ll be about. I just sit and wait and watch what comes out, and it can be quite a fascinating process. I’ll be writing away – like now – thinking, 'This is going nowhere.' And then a revelation comes swooping in and I am grateful yet again that I took the time to sit and write.

It has been suggested that these posts are too self-absorbed, too much like a personal journal. It is intended that this discusses things that many would consider personal, and only for the purpose of demonstrating that they’re not. The idea is that the thoughts presented here are – in some way – your thoughts too. That – as Katie says – there are no new thoughts. It is an experiment with group mind. It is another perspective, a way of looking at these age-old thoughts in a different light and seeing their fallibilities, their insanity.

I’m just attempting to follow simple directions. What would you have me do? What do you suggest?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I wouldn't have you any other way Jamie...this is your space to write whatever you like and anyone who wants to control that or take that away from you, shouldn't be listened to...sure it's a public place, and it's good to be aware of that, but there's nothing wrong with a little narcissism, and frankly it's a part of the reason why alot of us are here...to put ourselves out there, express ourselves, be open to others, and see what happens...isn't that what we're all basically doing in life anyway? Sharing your story helps others with theirs...and if it doesn't help theirs, for some reason they can always stop reading it! I'm so sick of being told how I should express myself...it's a creativity killer! Please don't stop writing about yourself...*end rant*

7:57 am, June 06, 2006

 
Blogger Lee said...

I, too, have been told that my blog was self-serving. At first, I got defensive, but after a moment, I completely agreed. It is MY blog, where I keep MY stuff, and I LIKE it. If other people can take joy out of MY stuff, cool beans!

I like your blog. New perspectives on old issues keeps us from stagnating. Do your thing!

8:51 am, June 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jiiiiiiiiimie.... I love that I get to read my own thoughts on your blog.. This one is just too lazy (?) and busy with end of year school stuff and grad school to put fingers to board everyday.

Thanks for doing it daily... I needed that. Madhu

11:06 am, June 10, 2006

 
Blogger Jamie Reygle said...

Ah, thank YOU, gorgeous Madhu, and Jade and Lee. I love feedback and I take it all into account. Where better to get my simple directions?

10:55 pm, June 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Don't stop!!! I also love that you keep doing this, putting it all out there, being brazenly, unashamedly open about who you are so we can feel like we're not so weird after all when we read it...

12:51 am, June 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home