Keep it simple, silly

Monday, July 03, 2006

Drifting

The air is soft this morning. Cool yet comforting, light without being bright. Soft: gentle like a mother’s love. It does not possess its usual gravity, does not weigh down on me so hard as I am used to, and this somehow makes it harder to keep my eyes open – eyelids drifting up and down without me being able to control them. Weightless.

There is a lot of drifting this morning: consciousness drifting in and out; voices right beside me heard but not listened to; thoughts like blown bubbles popping. Delicate bubble thoughts: the moment I touch them they disappear.

People drift in and out too. I came in here because it was quiet: Y sleeping, me writing, clock ticking, spider weaving – nothing else to interrupt these drifting thoughts. Then within minutes, everybody in here talking, playing, yelling, laughing. A pretty scene perhaps, if not entirely conducive to writing.

Time is a sand dune, drifting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog. I said "July 1st" because I'm Canadian. :]
It's our birthday. Have a great time with your fireworks tomorrow. Your writing is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...This entry reminded me so much - image after image.

5:17 pm, July 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home