Keep it simple, silly

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Message received

Whatsoever things ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them. (Mark XI, 24 RV) The Bible isn’t a book I’ve gotten around to reading yet. I’ve looked at it and saw so much fear, vengeance and violence in it that I was unable to reconcile it with my vision of the man Christians name their religion after. Having said that, I am more than aware that many pearls exist within its pages, and this purported quote from the man himself is one; one that seems consistent with my understanding of what he had to say.

It’s another way of saying we create our own realities, only it takes it a step further by saying that we don’t create our own reality with hope, but with faith.

Faith is a much maligned word these days, and deservedly so with the manner in which it is being used. Blind faith is necessarily unseeing; true faith sees all. The difference between the two is considerable, a polarity unmatched. True faith comes from understanding, blind faith comes from belief. Belief leads to hell in the mind (where all hell resides); understanding is the path of peace.

At this point I believe a lot and understand a little, and as of now I believe that I receive understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home