Keep it simple, silly

Friday, July 21, 2006

This is a thought

Seeing what it is that I want is an interesting exercise. I thought what I wanted was to be living in abundance, and in a sense it is – but only as a consequence of what I really want. When I look at this from the perspective that it has already been received, what I find is that I want to be free, at peace; in love with all this, joyful and awake. The rest of it becomes irrelevant – just a trivial form of attachment – when I see what I truly want.

I want what everyone wants. For a while there I couldn’t see what I really wanted, and I’m sure it’s the same for most of us. Life seems so immediate that our desires for what seems most real mask our true intentions.

I want this because I don’t have a choice. And in wanting this I am coming to see that this isn’t what I thought it was. I thought it was a bunch of stories bound in a volume called The Life of J, and it turned out that it was a work of fiction. This is just that from another perspective, and even that’s not true. This is a picture, a dreamscape, a mystery, a joy to behold, and not a bit of it actually real.

This is a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home