Keep it simple, silly

Monday, July 10, 2006

Time is on my side

The clock ticks. One week today ‘til my immigration papers are due. The line is very, very fine.

Today I see the doctor for all my blood tests, for my medical. Today I process some photos. Today I get a step or two closer. But that fine line gets closer too. It is a race. A race to the line: me versus time.

Or maybe it is me with time. Competition doesn’t work for me the way it used to. Today I am more inclined to find the place where everyone’s a winner. Can time and I be on the same team? Can we reach that line together? A three-legged race with time as my partner.

Why not? If it is as illusory as they say it is, why not play with it? Let’s stretch this week out and make it an aeon. Let time not just stand still, but move sideways, backwards, every which way but marching on.

Let the framework change. They say there is no time like the present: let it stay here. For it is not the time of my life that I seek, what I want to see is the life of my time.

I am watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home