Keep it simple, silly

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Loving it!

It’s tag time again. Hopefully this one won’t prove to be as controversial as the last! Suze has asked me to find five things I love about me. Only five? C’mon Suze! Okay, here goes:

  • I love my life. I often find myself looking at where I am and being stunned by how close it fits the picture I had of myself before I had even heard of this place or met E. It dates back to before my last relationship, and that lasted five and a half years. Sure, it took a while, and not a moment was wasted in getting here.
  • I love my life (2). I look back at the life I’ve lived, or maybe I should say the many lives I’ve lived in this so-called lifetime, and it’s such a wonderful adventure. I’ve really milked it. For so long I thought I’d be dead by the time I was 30, so I did as much as I could, experienced as much as possible before my time ran out. Now all of this is a bonus! A really big bonus.
  • I love my gratitude. I love gratitude. Period. I love being thankful for this, and for everything that made it possible for me to be here – and that would be everything.
  • I love my abilities. I seem to be good at a lot of things. If I put my mind to something, I find that I can do it – and usually quite well. Even things that I didn’t think I could do in the past – like dancing, motor tasks, and driving – even these things I do really well nowadays. There was a time when I couldn’t avoid getting into accidents, and just yesterday I realized that I’ve driven in 22 states of this country, as well as Mexico, in all sorts of vehicles – including a car without brakes in Hermosillo, Mexico and a truck that didn’t want to go in a straight line in LA – and, touchwood, not a ding to speak of.
  • I love my path. The closer I have come to living the life I envisaged, the more clearly I have been able to see my path, and the more clearly I see my path, the easier it is to walk. Mind you, I’ve had some wonderful guideposts along the way. Thank you to all of them!
  • I love my personableness. I told you five wouldn’t be enough, Suze! I find that I can relate to and get on with people from all walks of life. It’s such a joy being able to have a redneck as one great friend and a hippy as another, for example. Apart from it increasing my options, it also is a great teaching tool for me – another friend of mine once told me that he tries to learn something from everyone he encounters, and this just gives me so many opportunities to learn!
  • I love my inquisitiveness. I love to find out about things, to explore. It’s gotten me in some fascinating situations, and I don’t regret a single one.
  • I love my openness. In order to be able to explore, I have needed to be open to possibility. In order to get along so well with so many people, I have needed to be open to them. In order to be loved by E, and by me, I have needed to open right up. I love my openness, it has gotten me so far.
  • I love my humility. I may have at least nine things I love about me, and that doesn’t have to mean I’m arrogant. And I am most definitely arrogant at times, too: just read my blog and I’m sure you’ll find it. And still, I love my humility. I love that I don’t find the need to boast about my achievements, that I am mostly happy for what I do to pass quietly.
  • I love my compassion. Really, Suze, I keep hitting Enter and another dot point comes up. I love that I am so often here for others, even sometimes for myself, when the going gets tough. I love that I am able to listen, usually without judgement. I love that I can often hear you.
  • I love my childlike innocence. I can be such a little boy, and it’s so much fun! I love to play and to identify with the girls and their friends. I love to just be silly. I love to play act.
  • I love my easy-going nature. More often than not I’m happy to go along with whatever is happening. When I’m clear it’s very difficult to get me upset, no matter how hard you try. I love that I can just be.

Okay, that’ll do for now! Thanks Suze, that was fun!

Now I’m going to tag the usual suspects, and some:
Carol
Heidi
Sahaja
Lee
Mona

Enjoy!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. I've found the whole tag thing quite interesting. When it was the first one - things nobody knew about you, everyone seemed to find it quite easy and there were lots of reassuring comments, but with this one, mostly people are finding it really hard and there are a lot fewer comments. It's so lovely to see that you found it fun and easy. Is it that much easier to be negative and furtive, than open, positive and grateful? Interesting hey?

11:15 pm, January 18, 2007

 
Blogger Sahaja Sam said...

Jamie my friend, I really do have nothing more to say !......believe it.
However....so that you have a little something from old Sahaja....my tag response is 5 in 1....
I LOVE MYSELF !!!

9:39 am, January 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home